The Cancer section covers the work which Health Promotion is involved with in the topics of Cancer and the ‘Detect Cancer Early’ campaign.
NHS Western Isles Cancer Webpage
The NHS Western Isles Cancer webpage offers information on detecting cancer early and a range of links to local and national cancer support groups and cancer-related information. To access simply click here.
Palliative Care Website
The Palliative Care website offers information on different aspects of palliative care with the aim of making it easier for people to access quality-assured information on palliative care. The Palliative Care zone is part of NHSInform, a website hosted by NHS24 and designed to provide members of the public with a single source of trusted health information. To access simply click here.
Cancer Information for Muslim Communities
- Festive Season Cancer Awareness Film Campaign Launched
- Movember – Stornoway Men’s 5K Success
- Movember – Uists Mens 5K Success
- Movember – Battle of the Sexes
- Workplaces Keep it ‘Pink’!
- October turned PINK!
- DCE Launch: Be Breast Aware Concertina Card Launched
- DCE Launch: Detect Cancer Early Leaflet Launched
- Resounding success for Movember Western Isles!
- Success for Men’s 5K
- Movember with a BANG!
- Ladies Night: An Lanntair, Stornoway
- Successful Ladies Night in Benbecula
- What’s pants… but could save your life?
- Barra Cancer Support Group: Cancer Information Day
- Western Isles representatives attend Scottish Conference for Cancer
- Support Groups