The Pregnancy & Child Health section covers the work which Health Promotion is involved with to promote health and activities for parents, babies, toddlers and children.
Health Promotion is involved with many local and national groups and agencies to help support parents and carers within the Western Isles.
There are also a number of useful links to support pregnancy and child health – simply click on the appropriate link.
The parentingWI website is the local website aimed at parents and parents-to-be, offers a wide range of useful and topical information. This includes information and support from the early stages of pregnancy, to the birthing process, babyhood, toddlerhood, childhood – and beyond!
Additional benefits include local health-related news, information on local croileagan and parenting groups, as well as access to local and national support networks.
The site also contains information and links to the local Health Visiting team and Maternity Services, contact details to GP Surgeries and local hospitals, and additional local agency links. Access ParentingWI by clicking here.
- National Breastfeeding Celebration Week: Changing the conversation around breastfeeding and culture
- NHSWI partners with Argos for a Healthy Start
- Western Isles Family Support Services Booklet
- 2014 Annual Public Health Conference – Poster Presentation
- ‘Safe in the Home’ Project: Equipment still available!
- Child Safety Week 2014
- Infant Massage: Training the Trainers
- ‘Safe in the Home’ Project Launched
- Pregnant? Call your Midwife
- Health Education Inputs for Parents & Toddlers groups in Uist and Barra