Being in work can bring physical, mental and financial benefits, and promote confidence, independence and a feeling of being part of society.
Workplaces have a key role to play in improving our nation’s health and quality of life, and the Scottish Centre for Healthy Working Lives promotes an integrated approach to this – a Healthy Working Lives approach. Health Promotion are involved in many activites to promote and encourage healthy working lives.
There are also a number of useful links to support workplace health – simply click on the appropriate link.
- Health Promoting Health Service
- Healthy Working Lives
- Scottish Centre for Healthy Working Lives
- Health & Safety Executive
- Bronze Award for Angus Mackay & Sons
- Mental Health & Stress Awareness Training
- Men’s Health Week: 7-a-side Works/Trades Competition
- Men’s Health Week Overview (13th-19th June)
- Health Promoting Health Service (HPHS)
- Mental Health Training
- Health Awards for the Western Isles
- Movember – Stornoway Men’s 5K Success
- Movember – Uists Mens 5K Success
- Movember – Battle of the Sexes
- Workplaces Keep it ‘Pink’!
- October turned PINK!
- Registered Workplaces
- Battle of the Sexes 2014
- Men’s Health Week 2014
- Mentally Healthy Workplace Training
- Healthy Success for Western Isles Employers
- Western Isles Health & Works Partnership Website
- Mentally Healthy Workplace Training for Managers/Supervisors (September)
- Mentally Healthy Workplace Training for Managers/Supervisors (May)
- Uist workplaces going for gold!
- Companies scoop top award for promoting a healthier workplace
- Alcohol & Drug Training for Managers: 22nd February